Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sortior Virgae

So, my Coven has been doing assorted "Witch crafts" to sell at this years Pagan Pagan Day. The purpose is to raise money for the Carcer Via Pagan prison program. To pay for gas and expenses to get to the prisons, and I am working on faith kits for three yards.

Today on the lists my dear Frater BH of Doing Magic (magic is a verb) offered to do Tarot readings to earn some money for the program. Then our dear Erinn suggested Geomancy, something that has been haunting me since FrBH and his Gal got me hooked on the stuff.

Later I was fortunate enough to receive a personal lesson from John Micheal Greer when he came to Fresno earlier this year. This sealed the deal. My Gal sent me home with a nice bag of casting pebbles, the gateway drug. This lead to a nice felt bag of bone beads, that was a good high at first, but it got old fast. I needed more, something harder, you know the good stuff. Between my addiction and spit balling ideas for fund raisers I had a brain storm. So I spent a few bucks and set up my own Geomancy meth lab and this is what I came up with...

I am proud to present to you WitchDoctorJoe's Wonder Wands! (I like to call them Tumblers) Eureka! I figured it out, the problem with four wands was placement. If I just throw'em how do I know which goes where? Well JMG's book points out that geomantic figures are divided in four elemental sections.

The top row is fire, second is air, third is water and last is earth....hmmm so which ones which?
I spent most of the evening fixing up my first batch o' sticks. I am hoping to sell them for about ten bucks a set *remember this is going to a good cause, and will come complete with a simple set of instructions, symbols and divinatory meanings.

Anyone interested in a set just drop me a note and I'll send you a set.

8 comments:

Frater BH said...

very cool! What are the sticks made of? They look professionally done.

WitchDoctorJoe said...

Oh duh, I cut them from square wooden dowel rods, water color paints and my wood burning kit.

Rufus Opus said...

How big are they?

Do you have a Google Checkout account set up? It generates html code for those sweet little "Buy Now" buttons on my web site. Whoever clicks it can pay using any credit card, and a couple days later, the money goes into whichever bank account you set it up with.

https://checkout.google.com/

WitchDoctorJoe said...

Yeah I am gonna put it on my website soon. But I was gonna use paypal, if I can figure out how to use checkout I'll add that too. Thanks Bro.

Fr. V. L. said...

VERY NICE!!! As always, you are brilliant!

To quote Lon Milo DuQuette, "They make great gifts too! Wondering what to get the Magickian in your life? This is perfect! Someone doesn't even have to be into geomancy to appreciate them, they can line them all up and use them as a coaster!"

Geomancy shapes also make great meditation tools. The shapes can also be formed on the center of your alter and used in spellcraft. This set is ideal for properly and rapidly forming any symbol.

For a small donation of only $10, these are certainly a steal of a deal.

Anyone up to doing a Geomancy talk at PPD to drum up even more interest?

Morgan Drake Eckstein said...

I never thought about making a set of geo-sticks. Nice work.

Patrick said...

I want a set! Let me know how to order.

WitchDoctorJoe said...

email me your mailing address and send $15.00 to:

Carcer Via
P.O.Box 612
Visalia, CA
93291