Friday, September 12, 2008

The Nightmare before Parenthood

Last Month I wrote a blog about my Conjunctio. We returned to that courtroom again today, but with more confidence and very well dressed.

That does not mean the moments leading up to our entrance where not laced with overwhelming anticipation and anxiety.




"Hurry up! We're going to be late!" Do we really need to be there 45 minutes early? Anticipation.

"No turn in there" Vs. "Let me do the driving" Anxiety.

A portion of our Full moon Ritual is a forum of sharing. Its almost like an AA meeting. "Hi I'm Joe and I'm a Wiccan too..." It's a safe place to share, vent and contemplate. We offer support without judgment. A few months ago my step daughter dropped the bomb on us during this part of our ritual. She announced that she wanted me to adopt her.

There was a pause, the silence seemed to last for several seconds while the messages true meaning sank in, deep. My wife burst into tears, then my daughter, then one at a time, everyone in the circle. Except for me, I'm a guy, we don't cry. I had just got something in my eye. I found my self in the center of several layers of a group huge. Trying to be tough.

So today in the Judges chambers we made it official. Signed, sealed and certified, in triplicate.

"So... can I spank her now?"

Blessed Be.

3 comments:

My Gal said...

Congratulations! Much love to all and of course you can spank her now. Slug bug!

Anne Johnson said...

Magic has brought us together. I too have a 14-year-old daughter! How nice to hear that someone's daughter actually wants them as a parent! Mine crosses the street when she sees me coming.

Congratulations to you for forging a bond stronger than blood itself.

Lavanah said...

Congratulations! It is so lovely to read of families assembling, rather than falling to bits.