Thursday, September 18, 2008

One of Kayaks, a card from the Joe Tarot

I few weeks ago I got a call from my mom. "What color do you like?" what? why? I like different colors for different things. It depends on what we're talking about.

So mom explained how everything I do is for everyone else but me. How all I ever talk about is the clients, the kids, the inmates, and the bills! I don't think I have ever mentioned it before, but my day job is a care provider.

I'm an Administrator for a residential care facility for developmentally disabled. which is why I blog so much, I work at home. I could complain about the morning commute from my bedroom *open a door* to my office, but I'll tough it out for now.

So between the care home, the family of six, the Coven, and the Prison visits and the mail *oh gods the mail* I don't do a lot of me time. Mom knew if she sent me money I wouldn't spend it on me, so mom didn't send me money, mom wanted to know what color Kayak I wanted. Did I ever mention how awesome my Mom is?

For those of you who may not know, the magic of a Kayak is that it only has one seat. *Sigh* So in the spirit of high school hooky, I ditched my seminary homework *again* and headed to the lake. I took this picture, it's my other Seminary classroom.

Blue, mom. I like my Thursdays in Blue.

2 comments:

My Gal said...

That is absolutely fantastic! Your mom totally rocks!

One of Kayaks, in Blue :) A very nice Jupiter touch. Sometimes it is nice just to sit quietly, somewhere.. alone :)

Clare Slaney said...

Indeed, a different kind of homework, and just as valuable!