Saturday, September 6, 2008

Three of Pentacles

The man on the bench is a Mason, complete with a lambskin apron and common gavel, one of the primary working tools of our profession. Gerald Gardner, among other things, was also a Mason. And Freemasonry shines brightly in his Witch-craftwork, as it does in my own. But who can blame us, it's a nearly perfect system. Ask the founders of the Scottish Rite, the Golden Dawn, the Ordo Templi Orientis and a dozen other fruits fallen from the Masonic tree.

My craft is a work in progress. An evolution through a sequence successes and failures. I spend hours at the trestle board laying plans, like the figure on the right, which are tried and trued through the operative verb. I DO them. I have learned that things look great on paper but often in the real world they do not always come out square and level.

I have spent hours milling through "our" section of bookstores. Crap, crap, crap, Oooh...nope that's crap too. Within days I am back in that same isle culling though those same books, looking, hoping it will finally be there. You know the book I speak of, You've been there too, we're all looking for it. But it's not there, that book does not exist yet. You must write it yourself.

I have written mine. And every time I think I am ready to send it to the printers I see a figure within a fresh stone, waiting to be chiseled out. Another chapter, another degree to be truly earned through it's discovery, it's unveiling, it's very design.

I am the Mason on the workbench. You can show me your blueprints, but I am the builder. I work with the stones of the craft and I know how they move. How they break or hew. I have learned through my experiences, numerious cracked failures have yielded a single precious pillar. And now the real work begins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ηowԁy! This iѕ kind οf off topiс but Ι neеd
some advіce from an established blog.

Is it verу difficult to ѕеt uρ your own blog?
I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I'm thinking about setting up my οwn but ӏ'm not sure where to start. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Many thanks

Also visit my web page ... altec bucket trucks for sale
Also see my webpage > buy bucket trucks