Sunday, March 8, 2009

Breaking the Silence

...The Matrix is all around us, it's there when you go to work, when you pay your bills, when you go to church...

I have often used one of my all time favorite movies as an allegory when talking about organized religion, but not just the church, and not just organized.

It really applies to those "one true faiths" which sadly has come to include some factions of Wicca or the one true Wicca. So I invite You elites to take a due and proper measure of my butt and give it a good smooch!

So in the last five weeks I have applied the matrix alligory to the internet. I was inspired to unplug myself from the Matrix and commit myself to my true work. And quickly realized how difficult it was to stay off line and remain unplugged.

I dare you to try it. Stay of the net for five days, and see just how often your thoughts will drift to your favorite blog, viral video, online community and other bookmarks. I would sit down to write and think of a reason to log on and "just check something real quick". Later realizing that I had been doing stuff all day, but not actually getting anything done at all.

I changed the screen saver on my new laptop to this digital rain, it reminds me every time I sit down to do so work.

My wife has been my driving force and constant support. She hid my modem, and when sat down to write, several pages came flooding out. Since then I have written over seven chapters but still have over twenty-something to go. I must say that sitting down and writing out what I do and how I do it have been an amazing experience for me. I have had quite a bit of realizations about myself and my craft. And I have also decided that all the money I make off the book will go to fund the Carser Via program.

One of the many things I have accomplished while being freed from the Matrix was guest speaking at California State University of Fresno, along with Fr.BH his Gal and some others from our community. Our friend Penny teaches religious anthropology and is going to write a book I would describe as similar to Drawing Down the Moon, only more current and with a local focus.

So I did four lectures in one day, and my wife recorded one of them for my Mom who wanted badly to be there, as she in now brimming with pride for her boy. So we put it up on you tube for her and anyone else who might be interested. It's in five small chunks because that's how you tube works.












As uncomfortable as I have been with the whole you tube thing I must admit there is an odd fascination with watching myself and seeing what I consider to be room for improvement. But in any case it's been fun and I am definitely putting the experience to good use. Don Micheal Kraig told me that there is no failure only feedback, so if you have any feel free to share it unless you totally hated it in which case you can get inline behind the snobby wiccans and pucker up.

Blessed Be

3 comments:

Frater BH said...

I am glad you're back posting.

Quincidence or MissTree said...

I did "it" for a week.
I walked away and let things slip.
I found alot of things that were sucking my energy, my curiosity, and realized how much time I spend checking in on others instead of taking care of myself.

My martial arts instructor said, unplug the television for a month... see what projects you get done.

I have to admit, I plugged it back in, but now.. I am no longer addicted. The world was given back to me.

The laptop, that was hard. I felt disconnected, but it reminded me that if the friends I have only have time to send me a quick im... then they aren't really all that interested in my life, they are just interested in knowing I am still there for THEM.

It gave me priorities. I am glad to see someone else unplugged for a bit. It is why I refuse to use twitter, there just doesn't need to be that many updates on my life.

Anonymous said...

You are a very positive channel and you give out alot of unconditional energetic love. Auntie loves you.