Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Enter The PenDragon

A great teacher of mine once said "Profanity is a feeble mind trying to forcibly express itself." That's how I feel sometimes when I try to share myself through writing.

It was not until I took my first class with Cherry Hill Seminary that I realized I was a pretty good writer. And I'm not, I'm just "a good talker." But I write how I talk and people seem to like that, so I'm sticking with it.

I can't believe it's almost been a year since I had a realization, came to a conclusion, and took an obligation. I haven't posted here in a while because I am hard at work fulfilling that oath. And now that this project has finally become a reality, things are in full swing. There is an army of "captive artists" hard at work on the illustrations and I have an editor.

Other than a few friends who are much smarter than me, I haven't had a real editor before. Boy was I missing out. Enter the PenDragon, my own personal grammatical savior. The process so far has been amazing for me. My writing has become more organic, I am learning from the process and evolving as a writer. My last segment didn't have half as many marks as my first, which I have burned to protect the innocent and the guilty.

Not only does the PenDragon offer the valuable service of professional editing, but he possesses the invaluable quality of a Professional Pagan perspective. And you just can't place a dollar value on that type of insight.

One of the labors of my tradition is called "The proper expression of will," I find it hilarious and ironic that by writing a book about that, I am learning to use less profanity. Thanks Steve.

3 comments:

Rufus Opus said...

Profanity in the hands of the fully aware is a potent magical tool.

That's what I'm hoping for, anyway. I'll let you know if I get there.

olekesbbq said...

Hey Bro, I have seen some of your artwork and I'm always just amazed, Your awsome! Is this one of your dragons?

WitchDoctorJoe said...

Nope, I wish it was. Looks like one of mine though doesn't it. You can tell because I always use deer-like antlers on my "Horned Serpents."

Thanks for the complement though.