Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Man At Work

I have always jokingly identified myself as "chronologically impaired." Surfing the internet this afternoon I realized that I haven't written anything here in almost three weeks. I can't believe how fast time has passed. It's amazing how the state of mind has an effect on the perception of time.

When your running late you can't get the clock to slow down, the later you are, the faster the seconds count off. But when your stuck some where, waiting, it takes forever. Minutes seem like hours, dragging painfully slow.

But when your hard at work in a labor of love, your perpetually lost in the moment. There is no passage of time, there is only the pleasure of each stroke of the brush, each strike of the hammer, each keystroke.

Last month I announced the release of my Book of Shadows. In that announcement, I mentioned I had taken a break from my "current" writing project to finish it. Well I didn't waste anytime time, and dove head first back into the current project, my second book: Carcer Via, an inmates guide to the craft.

Unlike the Auguris, I actually "write" words, sentences and paragraphs too. And finally I am satisfied. It's finally good enough, for now. I'm finally in the final stage of finalizing the final draft. More details as they develop.

Thank you Lord and Lady for the "auto save feature."

3 comments:

Christopher said...

Nice to see you're writing on your blog again. I find that I haven't written as much lately as I had been either. I noticed, in regards to my process, that currently I have been too busy practicing (magick and meditation) to have time to write. I am trying to write a blog entry worth reading once a week but I've become quieter of mind and less quick to offer my opinions of late. It isn't as if I have nothing to say, I just don't have an interest in saying it right now.

By the way, next week I will be buying your book and will likely, time permitting, be placing a review on my blag. Stay tuned.


Blessed Be,
Chris

Angela said...

Hiya! I have been reading your blog for awhile now. Just wanted to let you know that you have an award waiting for you at my blog!

Anonymous said...

Silence is golden, most times for me, just as I awake from a private "mind moment" I get smacked in the back of the neck with an epiphany that leaves a mark... For what its worth. I cant wait to hear more on Carcer Via! I bet it has graceful words, even to those who are not confined within four walls. BBB