Thursday, June 14, 2012

L is for Locavore

Otherwise titled "The Locavore, another card from the Joe Tarot." A Locavore is someone who eats from locally produced food sources. I have always been a locavore by nature, and by nurture. I have written quite often about the Genius Loci, and written before about this spear and this river. They are connected by my world view and my spirituality.

I firmly believe that's the way it's suppose to be. The old Pagans practiced an agriculturally based spirituality. Whereas nowadays its considered an earth based spirituality. I don't mean to be spitting hairs, but there is a difference.

The fact that someone had to make up the word "Locavore" to specifically identify people who eat food grown in their own communities shows how much things have changed. And with that, so has our magic. But fear not! I'm bringing sexy back, and you can read more about Locavore magic here in my latest post for Witches & Pagans Magazine.

Thank you Lord & Lady for all the community spirits! Blessed Be

2 comments:

Angus said...

You had me at "Spitting Hairs".

WitchDoctorJoe said...

Hahahaha crap! I mean...uh.. it's a Witch Doctor Thing(spitting hairs, not the typo).